[barcampgr] Discussion: Google Wave

Daniel Parker dcparker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 06:38:14 PDT 2009

I imagine most of you have heard about Google Wave already. For those of you
who haven't, it is 100% worth watching this entire 1hr 20min video (
http://wave.google.com/) about it. It's like the Apple conferences, *it just
takes that long to demo*. It's a revolutionary new concept, and really
surprising nobody has done it already.
I'm starting this thread because I want to do a session on Google Wave, I
may try to have a good deal of information for those who will have
questions; but I primarily want to have a group of people who know
relatively well what Google Wave is and some of the opportunities it
opens up for the future. I'd like to have a discussion of ideas about
the vast areas of application this will open doors to.

For this thread -- is anyone yet excited about Google Wave? Any
revolutionary ideas about how Google Wave can be used? - How to make money
through apps/gadgets/bots on Google Wave? - How we can use Google Wave to
streamline businesses of all kinds (tech, media, industry, medicine, etc)? -
How to build a social network centered around Wave? - How to use the
underlying technology for such things as live code-sharing and pair
programming? These are general thoughts I've had, if you haven't seen the
video already, go watch it and think about these possibilities and more.
Let's start a good discussion here and then continue it at barcamp during a
session and perhaps more!

- daniel parker -

"You have granted me life and steadfast love, and your care has preserved my
spirit." Job 10:12
"The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup . . . indeed, I have a beautiful
inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6
"Give what you can ... take nothing back!"