[barcampgr] Topics

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Jul 17 06:54:43 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 08:54 -0400, Kyle Adams wrote:
> >> First Barcamp.  Is presenting required?
> > No,  but strongly encouraged.
> I would amend that a bit to say that participation is strongly
> encouraged.  We're too lazy to actually require anything :-)
> If presenting scares the bejeebers out of you, then help clean up

I'm someone who once *HATED* and *DREADED* public speaking and used
[abused?] a LUG in order to get over that problem (it is actually a
pretty important 'life skill' apparently).  I can tell you that if
speaking makes you squeemish barcamp is a great place to start;
everyone is in a good mood and I have yet to witness any hostile or
derisive behavior from anyone.  Everyone is peers at barcamp and the
"presenter" is really just facilitating some topic for a short period of
time.