[barcampgr] Next Year

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 12:26:57 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 12:00 -0400, Carl T. Miller wrote:
>> Kyle Adams wrote:
>> > What can we do better?
>> Recruit more sys admins?
>
> +1
>
> The topics are *heavily* tilted towards web development and what is
> trendy in 'social-networking'.  Not that those are bad topics,  but for
> us non-web-developers...

+1. Actually, the webdev tilt was a complaint I was hearing about even
prior to the event.

I noticed that the "what I'd like to hear about" board had people
writing Me Toos in the form of "+" symbols.  I wonder if using
something like a subreddit or some other submit/vote tally app to
aggregate topics of interest (and with upvotes representing Me Toos),
for prospective speakers to note and consider speaking on.

--
:wq