[barcampgr] BarCampGR Wrap-up

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 12:37:59 PDT 2011

Well folks, BarCampGR 2011 is over. We think it was a great success,
mostly due to all of you who came out and participated. We had almost
140 registrations and I guess at least 120 people stopped by at some
point, making it the biggest BarCamp yet. We also had more than 50
talks (excluding Lightning Talks and BOF sessions) on the widest range
of topics. Awesome!

Now just because the event is over, that doesn't mean the
conversations have to end too. We pushed Convore this year so that the
discussions won't go away when the conference ends. Feel free to
continue to login, chat, ask questions, and comment about BarCampGR or
specific sessions.

Convore Group:
    https://convore.com/barcampgr-2011/
Speakers, if you have slides or other material for your talks, please
post a link to it in the Convore thread for your talk. If a thread
doesn't yet exist for your talk, please create it. Attendees, feel
free to continue commenting on talks or on other topics. If you have
notes from a talk that you'd like to share, please do so in that
talk's Convore thread.

Convore Thread for your Photos
    https://convore.com/barcampgr-2011/photos-post-links-to-your-barcampgr-2011-photos-here
Please post links to your photos from BarCampGR in this thread.

Convore Thread for your blog posts about BarCampGR
    https://convore.com/barcampgr-2011/link-to-your-barcampgr-blog-posts/
If you write a blog post about BarCampGR, please post a link to it in
this thread.

Convore Thread for Comments and  Suggestions
    https://convore.com/barcampgr-2011/barcamp-gr-2011-reviewcommentssuggestions/
If you have any comments or suggestions for improvements, please post
them in this thread. If it's something you'd rather not make public,
please feel free to send it to one of the organizers.

Flickr Group
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/1713017@N25/
If you have photos and use Flickr, feel free to join this group and
add your photos.

Online Session Grid and Splitter Source Code
    http://sourceforge.net/p/waznexserver/home/Home/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/gridslicer/
The online session grid worked pretty well this year. We learned a lot
from the weekend and it'll be even better next year. If you have any
specific comments or suggestions for the project, please post it to
our project on SourceForge, or email it to me.

Look for us again near the end of August in 2012. If you'd like to be
involved with organizing next year's BarCampGR, sign up on the
organizers' mailing list and introduce yourself. In the meantime, you
can use any of these resources to keep track of what we're doing.

Our Resources
 * Web Page: http://barcampgr.org/
 * Twitter: @barcampgr
 * Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/BarCampGR/
 * IRC: #barcampgr on Freenode
 * Organizers' Mailing List:

Sponsors:
These are the wonderful folks that make sure BarCampGR, the Friday
after-party, and the swag is free for you and me. Please thank them if
you see them, and use their services if they fit your needs.

Gold:
* Calvin College, providing the venue
* Atomic Object
* Great Lakes Software Excellence Conference
* Software GR
* Gentex Corporation

Silver:
- Idea Foundry, hosting the Friday night afterparty
- Mutually Human Software
- Fusionary

Bronze:
# PrettySquares