[barcampgr] BarCampGR 2012 Wrap-up

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 09:05:33 PDT 2012

Thanks to our many generous sponsors, our hard-working volunteers, and our
enthusiastic attendees, BarCampGR 2012 was a smashing success. We set
records for Friday night (~150) and total attendance (~200), the food was
better than ever, and there were more and more interesting talks than ever
before.

Last year, this follow-up email became a ginormous thread of suggestions
for improvements and comments that ended up annoying a lot of people. There
was a lot of good discussion, but this year, we'd like to move all of those
discussions to our Subreddit. Reddit is a social news website where the
registered users submit content, in the form of either a link or a text
"self" post. Other users then vote the submission "up" or "down", which is
used to rank the post and determine its position on the site's pages and
front page. They also allow anyone to create their own communities, such as
the BarCampGR Subreddit.

We want our Subreddit <http://www.reddit.com/r/BarCampGR/> to become the
central place for BarCampGR information, talk ideas, follow-ups,
discussions, and other information. Please post links to slides, blog
posts, and other follow-up information from your 2012 talks. Also post
links to the photos you took at BarCampGR 2012. Let's work together to keep
the ideas, discussions, and connections from last weekend going.
http://www.reddit.com/r/BarCampGR/

So thank you all for an amazing BarCampGR 2012. Tell your friends, join the
discussions on the Subreddit, and let's make 2013 even more awesome.

The venue, conference, food, and Friday after-party were free for everyone
thanks to our generous sponsors:

   - *Atomic Object* http://www.atomicobject.com/
   - *Calvin College* http://cs.calvin.edu/
   - *Cascade Engineering* http://cascadeng.com/