BarcampGR event details

Dave Brondsema dave at brondsema.net
Thu Aug 23 07:01:59 PDT 2018

Hey BarCampers and past BarCampers!

We're excited for this weekend!  Do you have some great talks you're thinking
about?  Or not sure what to expect?  Head over to our Slack chat to discuss
ideas, post your own topics, and ask questions.  Sign up for slack at
http://slack.barcampgr.org/  It's a great way to chat and be in touch during
BarCamp, as well as afterwards.

There’s still time to sign up if you haven’t yet - it’s never too late :)  Just
head over to https://barcampgr.org/register/

Our sponsors make BarCamp possible.  Thank you!

*Gold Sponsors*

Calvin College - Computer Science Dept.
http://cs.calvin.edu/

*Silver Sponsors*

Atomic Object
https://atomicobject.com/
Atomic Object creates applications for web, mobile, desktop, and devices. We
help companies innovate and grow with custom software products that are
beautiful, reliable, and easy to use. Offices in Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor.

CloudKite
https://cloudkite.io/
DevOps and Infrastructure: Success as a Service.  CloudKite.io is a software
engineering and services company with a mission to help our clients build and
maintain highly automated, reliably resilient, and impressively performing software.

*Bronze Sponsors*

Atlas Integrated Publishing
https://www.catfoodretirement.com/

Excelon Development
http://xndev.com/

Grand Circus
https://www.grandcircus.co/

Software GR
http://softwaregr.org/

SpinDance
http://spindance.com/

So, what exactly is happening this weekend?  We're meeting at Calvin College,
map: http://goo.gl/maps/Mg2HA  The schedule is here
https://barcampgr.org/about/schedule/ but we (you!) fill in all the talk slots
when you show up.  Come and go as you must.  Many folks bring a laptop; if
you're going to present from a Mac, remember to bring a display adapter.
Delicious food, drinks & snacks will be provided throughout the whole event,
including various dietary options. Wondering who gives a talk, and how you can
too?  We've got a page for that too: https://barcampgr.org/participate/

If you want to get there early to help set up, that would be great.  Anytime
between 4:30 and dinner is when we will be setting up.  When you arrive look for
an organizer and they can tell you what needs to be done.

On Monday evening at we are going to have a feedback session at Vandermill Cider
at 6:30pm.  Everyone is welcome to join if you want to give feedback or get more
involved for next year.
505 Ball Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503

We have a Code of Conduct because we want BarCamp to be safe and welcoming to
all people.  Please take a minute to read it at
https://barcampgr.org/code-of-conduct/

https://barcampgr.org
https://twitter.com/barcampgr
https://facebook.com/barcampgr