BarCampGR is this weekend!

Dave Brondsema dave at brondsema.net
Tue Aug 8 09:35:52 PDT 2023

Hi fellow BarCampers (and past BarCampers who haven't registered but its not too
late!)

We're excited to be bringing BarCampGR back!  Its coming up this weekend
already.  If you haven't registered yet (or aren't sure!) please do so at
https://barcampgr.org/register/

First a thanks to our sponsors who make BarCamp possible, check them out!

Calvin University
https://calvin.edu/

Excelon Development
http://www.xndev.com/

DevsOperative
https://devsoperative.com/

Michigan Software Labs
https://michiganlabs.com/

Vista IT Group
https://vistaitgroup.com/

Software GR
https://softwaregr.org/

So, what exactly is happening this weekend?  We're meeting at Calvin University,
same location as before but there's a big new School of Business to enter
through and we'll use a couple of their classrooms. Map http://goo.gl/maps/Mg2HA

Aug 11 Friday 5pm-6:30 is check-in and dinner, then sessions begin.
Aug 12 Saturday 9am-10 we'll have some breakfast items, then sessions begin.

The full schedule is here https://barcampgr.org/#schedule but we (you!) sign up
to give a talk on the schedule grid once you show up.  Come and go as you must.
Many folks bring a laptop; if you're going to present from a Mac, remember to
bring a display adapter. Delicious food, drinks & snacks will be provided
throughout the whole event, including various dietary options.  Read more about
giving a talk and general encouragement that anyone can do it:
https://barcampgr.org/#participate  Also you can help out with setup & cleanup
before/during/after BarCamp to keep everything running smoothly.

Please join our slack chat at https://slack.barcampgr.org/  It's a great way to
chat, ask questions and be in touch during BarCamp (as well as afterwards).

In past years, some folks stayed late through the night Friday hanging out.
Unfortunately we're no longer permitted to stay past 11pm or so.  If you really
don't want to drive home and then back in the morning, Calvin has a hotel
literally next door: https://calvin.edu/offices-services/prince-conference-center/

We have a Code of Conduct because we want BarCamp to be safe and welcoming to
all people.  Please take a minute to read it at
https://barcampgr.org/code-of-conduct/

Follow us on social media:

https://mastodon.social/@barcampgr
https://twitter.com/barcampgr