[barcampgr] details for this weekend

Dave Brondsema dave at brondsema.net
Thu Aug 19 16:41:01 PDT 2010

Hey Barcampers,

We're going to get started around 5-6 pm tomorrow.  (If a few people
would like to get there a bit early to help set up, that'd be nice.)  On
Saturday, we'll start with breakfast and coffee at 9am.  See
http://barcampgr.org/wiki/BarCampGrandRapids5Schedule for the general
plan.  Specific talks will be filled in our schedule board as we get
started.

BarCamp is at the DeVos Communication Center at Calvin College.  Take
the Beltline exit and get to the East side, then head south a little bit
to the parking lot.  Map at http://www.calvin.edu/map/

It's not too late to tell other people, they can still register or just
show up.  You can show up for just part of BarCamp too.

If you haven't been to a BarCamp before, you should be thinking about
what you'd like to talk about.  You don't have to give a presentation,
but it's encouraged - whatever you're excited about.  We'll have
5-minute lightning talks on Saturday, which are nice for short topics.
Lots of conversation will happen in the hallways and during meals too.

We've got meals, drinks, and snacks covered for the whole time.

All rooms have projectors, so bring a VGA adapter if you need one (Mac
users).  A couple of rooms have document cameras, so you can put a
droid/iphone/whatever under it if you want to.

Use the tag "barcampgr" for your tweets, flickr photos, etc.

If you want to stay overnight, bring a sleeping bag and pad.  There's a
conference center/hotel on campus if you want to get a room, but most of
us will just pick a spot on the floor.  We might have access to a
shower, so bring a towel if you want.

Anyone who has a wireless router to spare, please bring it along and we
can plug it in to make sure we get good wireless coverage.  Remove any
password beforehand, to make it easy.

I know there are people driving from Ann Arbor, and from Holland.  If
you want to share a ride, email me directly and I can get you in touch
with them.

And thanks to our all our sponsors for making this all possible:

Gold:
* Calvin College, providing the venue
* Atomic Object
* Great Lakes Software Excellence Conference
* Software GR
* Gentex Corporation

Silver:
- Idea Foundry, hosting the Friday night afterparty
- RCM Technologies
- Mutually Human Software
- Fusionary
- Momentum
- Pretty Squares
- The Image Shoppe

Bronze:
# BitManic
# EllisLab, providing ExpressionEngine to create a better barcampgr.org
# The Factory, providing free coworking visits
# Liquid Web
# O'Reilly
# Biggby
# Subway Delivers

--
The BarCamp Grand Rapids organizing team