[barcampgr] Next Year

Matt Heusser matt.heusser at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 13:17:09 PDT 2010

As a dude who has run a fair number of conferences, keeping with
non-conflicts is /extremely/ challenging. Basically, there is something
somewhere all the time.

Plus, when you finally do get it all figured out that you don't conflict
with, say, the O'Reilly Open Source Convention, the original complainer dude
will say "oh yeah, we only had budget for one conference this year, so we
ended up going to O'Reilly.  But thanks and all ..."

Things might be a little different for a /personal/ conference like barcamp
instead of a "corporate" conference.  My suggestion would be to schedule it
as far out as possible, so we can say: "uh, no, FooCamp comflicts with
/us/."

:-)

--heusser

--