BarCampGR is almost here - instructions inside

Dave Brondsema dave at brondsema.net
Thu Aug 20 08:34:00 PDT 2020

First instruction: if you haven't registered yet, its not too late!  But do it
now! https://barcampgr.org/register/

Everyone who's registered should have gotten email invitations to our Webex
Team.  Check your email for subject "Cisco Webex Teams" and make sure you can
log in ahead of time.

On Friday from 5pm-6:30pm we'll do open testing time, so you can check that
audio & video work, and get familiar with Webex Teams.  It'll also be a good
time to chat and say "hi" to folks.  We recommend you download the Teams app
<https://www.webex.com/team-collaboration.html>, it often works better than a
browser.

What's the schedule?  Friday's opening session is at 6:30pm and then talks will
run until 9:30.  Saturday is 10am - 4pm, with a 12-1 break for lunch and
networking. Sorry we can't feed you this year!

The talk schedule will be at https://talks.barcampgr.organd you'll schedule your
talks by using our bot within Webex Teams.  Say "@barcampgrbot help" in any room
or direct message the bot "help" to get specific instructions.  We should have a
video showing this by Friday.

Our sponsors make Barcamp possible. Thanks!!

  *

    Neural Planet <http://www.neuralplanet.com/>

  *

    Cisco <https://www.cisco.com/>

  *

    SoftwareGR <http://softwaregr.org/>

Once you're getting familiar with Webex Teams, here's a bit more you can do:

  *

    Start or join a meeting in any "space", using the green button.  Anyone can
    do it, no host required.

  *

    To set your full name and profile picture: click on the upper-left icon (two
    letter initials)

  *

    If video or audio or screen sharing isn't working in a browser, try
    downloading the mac/windows/mobile app
    <https://www.webex.com/team-collaboration.html>.  Download "Webex Teams" not
    any other Webex thing.

  *

    Recordings should work in all rooms.  When a presentation starts, someone
    should click "..." within the call and choose Start Recording.  If you don't
    want your presentation recorded you can pause or stop the recording, and
    then start it again for the next one.

  *

    If you want to join any extra spaces (like Organizer Chat to tell us
    something), in the black menu on the left there is an icon of a circle with
    3 dots.  Click that, then click BarcampGR team, and you can see all the
    available spaces.

See you all soon!