BarCampGR - tech test tomorrow

Dave Brondsema dave at brondsema.net
Fri Aug 14 08:44:44 PDT 2020

Hi everyone, if you haven't registered yet for BarCampGR (next weekend, Aug
21-22) please do it soon <https://barcampgr.org/>!  Since its online, you should
get on the Webex Teams platform early and make sure it works for you.

Invitations have been sent to everyone registered so far.  Look for email(s)
with "Cisco Webex Teams" in the subject.  Tomorrow Aug 15 we are encouraging
people to get familiar with Webex Teams and try out video calls, make sure your
webcam and mic work, etc.  Aim for these times when others will be on at the
same time:

  * 10 am
  * 2 pm
  * 8 pm

You can use Webex Teams in your browser at https://teams.webex.com/ or download
desktop & mobile apps at https://www.webex.com/downloads.html (choose Teams on
the right column).  If you can't make those times tomorrow, you can still get
logged on and experiment with our Webex Team any time you want really.  Here is
a good overview of the Webex Teams UI
<https://help.webex.com/en-us/n6t5wufb/The-Cisco-Webex-Teams-App-UI>.

Many thanks to our sponsors:

  * Neural Planet <http://www.neuralplanet.com/>
  * Cisco <https://www.cisco.com/>
  * SoftwareGR <http://softwaregr.org/>

With BarCamp being online, anyone outside Grand Rapids is welcome to participate
this year.  Tell your friends and colleagues how cool BarCampGR is.  We'll keep
accepting registrations right up until the event starts!

See you there!!